What is Bird Spike and Bird Net ?
Birds are beautiful. They look great in any natural habitat. In modern day living people do not like birds to stay and live in the places they live in. The main reason why people do not like bird to near their habitat are dirt, bird droppings, feathers bird spread around the place they live and sound bird make. People want to find way to keep birds away and out of places they live. Bird Spikes and bird net comes into place to keep the birds away from places you do not want them to be in.
First of all let us understand Bird Spikes.
Bird spikes are sharp or semi sharp pointed plastic or metal spikes which can be fixed on places where normally birds make their home or place of rest. They can also be installed in places you do not want the birds to come, stay and make the place dirty with their feathers, droppings, eggs, sounds and noise and so many things birds bring with them. Bird spikes are fixed on all the surfaces where normally birds come and stay. The bird spikes makes it difficult and even impossible for birds to sit on the place where bird spikes are installed. It is seen that humans mainly do not like birds to stay indoor and make the place dirty with their droppings.
The bird spike must not be very sharp which may kill the bird. It is recommended to have a blunt point spike which does not enter the body of the bird. If the spikes are very sharp it may enter the body of the bird and kill it. This will cause additional problem of
Another point is that the material by which the spike is made must be a bit flexible so that it does not break when a big size bird tries to sit on the spike.
Bird spikes are generally screwed on the walls and places where they are installed. They can also be installed using silicon adhesive, but in this case you may have to install and reinstall the spike whenever it comes off.
Now let us discuss Bird Nets
The reason for using bird nets are also the same as using the bird spikes. Bird nets are used in places where you cannot install bird spikes or bird spikes are not effective. Suppose you do not want the birds to enter any particular area, here you have to install the bird net. The bird nets are available in different colours, but transparent or white birds nets are better as it will not disturb the looks and feel of the place the bird net is installed. It will not disturb the elevation. It is normally seen that bird nets are installed in balcony of flats, just under the ceiling – specially under those ceilings where the design allows the birds to make their place of rest.
The problem with bird net is that when birds try to cross the net they may get entangled in the net, they may leave feathers entangled on the net which may look bad. Also due to weather aging and frequent effort of birds to enter the area the net may get damaged. It is very important to install the bird nets which are weather aging proof. Also it is important that the bird net is fixed properly and nicely stretched so that it looks smart and nice. A loosely installed bird net looks very shabby and untidy and also allows the birds to seat and hang on the net itself.
These two products – bird spike and bird nets are great product where you want to check and control the entry and staying of birds. They have improved the look and feel of many heritage building. These products have made the life of a housewife easier as they do not have to clean the balcony too frequently.
Hope you liked reading this blog – What is Bird Spike and Bird Net ?. If you have some more inputs to this please do consider leaving your comments.
To view this type of videos please do watch the YouTube Channel – Interior Dost.
What is PVC Vinyl Flooring and its Pros & Cons ?
PVC Flooring or Vinyl Flooring is a wonderful product for flooring. This flooring product has variety of uses and can be used in almost all places. The only difference is that you have to have the knowledge to understand the use of a particular quality of flooring. Let us try to understand What is PVC Vinyl Flooring and its Pros & Cons ?
There are many types of Vinyl Flooring available in the market. Thinner the flooring material, cheaper it is. Cheaper it is, less life it has. Also it will not look very good or impressive. The above points are for the cheaper variant of Vinyl Flooring. The reservations about Vinyl Flooring are due to the fact that many people who are not happy with the product have used cheaper variant of this wonderful product.
Generally the thickness available in Vinyl Floor are –
For extreme commercial and short term use thickness below 1.00mm is used or recommended. For a slightly better result or light use residential applications 1.00mm to 1.30mm is good.
To immediately understand what is Vinyl Floor, please recall your recent train journey. The flooring is railway coaches is mostly vinyl. This is so because they are very strong, rough and tough and easy to clean.
Vinyl flooring is available for all types of applications like light use, medium use and even for heavy uses.
The light use vinyl are heterogeneous vinyl with print and design on top layer and the secondary layer is to give the thickness and dimensional stability to flooring product.
The heavy use vinyl which are used in train coach, hospitals, factories and many such places homogeneous vinyl is preferred. In this type of vinyl flooring material the entire thickness of the floor is of the same material from top to bottom. In this category also there are different quality and raw material standards. We will discuss the different raw material of premium quality vinyl in some other article.
Another option available is that vinyl is available in roll or sheet form and tiles form. Tiles are easier to handle and install. Normally designer or residential flooring is available in tiles where as all commercial or heavy duty floors are available in rolls. But this is not the thumb rule.
Vinyl Flooring is looks beautiful wherever they are installed and are easy to clean, easy to install and easy to maintain, this material has many other beautiful feathers in its cap.
Let us try to understand other specialties of Vinyl Floor in different areas of uses:
1. Hospital – Easy to clean and anti skid floors.
2. Hospital – Anti Static or ESD Floors.
3. Industrial – ESD or anti static floor with proper additional ESD or Anti Static treatments.
4. Transport vehicle – Vinyl Floors for Trains, Buses, Metros etc.
5. Educational Institutions floor- Elegant looks, Easy to Clean, Anti Skid and Protects from Accidental damage.
6. Sports floor – To protect from injury and joint jerks.
7. Hospitals, Operation Theaters, ICUs – Anti Bacterial Floor and Wall Vinyl.
Vinyl, PVC Flooring is a wonderful product which has lots of advantage and benefits. Of course this is a product of petroleum bi product which may have some cons attached to it but the pros or advantages overweight the cons or disadvantages.
The major advantages of Vinyl Flooring are:
What you would want from a flooring. Vinyl gives you all possible advantage and flexibility for you.
This ends our article on What is PVC Vinyl Flooring and its Pros & Cons ?
Hope this article was of use to read. If you have some inputs to this please do leave your comments in the comment section.
To watch videos on this please visit our Youtube Channel – InteriorDost.
How to decorate our rented house ? Few easy to do tips.
Many of us live in rented houses, now let us see how to decorate our rented house ? Few easy to do tips.. Generally we may have to vacate our rented house due to our personal reasons or the reasons of the landlord. When we vacate our rented house we may sometimes have to leave few things on which we invested some money on.
This gives a bit unhappy feel to leave the thing you invested on from your hard earned money. Here comes the question of how to decorate our rented house in the best way ? The answer to this is there, but there is no best way. Everyone may have different ways to do this. Let us try to find some very easy ways to decorate, some with nominal costs and others with some a bit of more cost involved. So lets start and discuss – How to decorate our rented house ? Few easy to do tips.
Let us jot it down in a way we all love to read. In points and bullets.
1. Beautiful Door Mat. Try to use a very attractive door mat which gives an impression of something beautiful coming ahead. The doormat gives the much needed first impression and also keeps the dirt that may enter your house outside and out of sight.
2. Decorate the Main Entrance. Spark up your design buds to make your entrance gate look beautiful. Hang some clay art or some other small wall hangings on the side walls. If you can make a rangoli design on the walls of your main gate it will look great. For that matter any other design which you are comfortable with or you love will add a lot of value to your entrance. Wind chime is a known option and looks nice.
3. Use a Creative Name Plate. Your name is the most precious thing in your life. Use your design buds and hang an elegant and exclusive name plate of yours. You can hire an artist to make your caricature with your name plate. It is not that difficult with computer these days. There are many more options available these days in name plates. The back lighted name plates can do two jobs at the same time, they can keep your entrance illuminated while displaying your name. Do not put the house number on the name plate you make as that may get changed when you shift the rented house.
4. Use a designer letterbox. If you are not living in an apartment where letterboxes are in the ground floor, make an exclusive looking letterbox. Many designer letter boxes are available in the market and many you can create yourself. You can make the letter box colourful to add life, colour and energy to your entrance. Even if you do not get many posts these days, letter box looks great. You do not want to clutter, this can be excluded as well.
Now let us get into the house….. and furthur understand – How to decorate our rented house ? Few easy to do tips.
5. Use different types of lights in different areas. The lights can make ordinary look extraordinary. Use colours, LED strips, Lamps, Wall Lamps to make your house look exclusive. The table lamps in different designs and shape looks beautiful. The table lamps can be easily carried along when you decide to change the rented house. While thinking about decorating our rented house, just examine whether the decorative can be carried along when we decide to move out.
6. Play with Curtains. Curtains are very important in any decor and interiors. You can add your personal touch with curtains of your choice. You can make curtains from your old or new saree, which can look beautiful. Online stores like Amazon etc have a wide range of ready to hand curtains. While buying curtains online but curtains which are longer. If they are longer than your windows, do not cut them. Long curtains look better and also will be an advantage to you if you have longer windows in your next rented house. Curtains are very significant when you decorate your rented house.
7. Decorate the doors inside your rented place. Use your design buds to make your doors look special. This will make your place lively. Anything you put on these doors can be carried with you when you move or can be of very nominal cost. The ideas can to be to put some motivational posters on the gates, hanging some small pieces of art made by craftsman or anything and everything your creative mind suggests. Try a few and one other will look superb. If you want to put some money into it you can paint different doors in different colours.
8. Rugs, Runners and Carpets on the floor. Add few characters on the floor by using rugs, runners, carpets, durries on the floor. Putting these durries or floor pieces on the floor will make your rented house special. These small pieces on the floor can decorate your rented house instantly without doing much. All these things will add great life to your rented place.
If you want to invest some money into this you can install wooden flooring which can be removed and carried when you move out. You will be lucky if you are able to reuse them in the new place you go. Keep few boxes of the wood floor extra with you so that if your next room is bigger you do not fall short of the wooden floor.
9. Use plants to add life and decor to your rented space. Plants add lot of energy and life to any place. You can put few indoor plants inside your rented space. They will enhance the look and feel of your place. You can add flower vases and dry plant vases as well.
9a. You can design you balcony, terrace or open space using plants. Put plants of different heights together in a corner of your balcony or any other space, add some light, clay art, artifacts, outdoor chairs and you are done. You have a terrace garden ready for you. Now again if you want to invest some money into it, get artificial grass. Do not paste the artificial grass so that whenever you move out you can carry it with you.
10. Wall hangings are wonderful decor idea everywhere. In rented space they work even better. They will give you personal look and feel, life and energy to your space. Here you can hang art pieces, family photos, artifacts and what not. Just keep in mind not to over do this. To many wall hangings may give a cluttered look to your place. Just go by your taste, if you like lots of wall hangings that is also fine. For me less is more.
11. Artifacts are another great decorative pieces to add goodwill to your rented space and to decorate your rented house. Buy clay crafts which are easily available in India. Place them in different areas, even in your terrace garden which will add great value, life and decor to your rented house. You can add colour by painting them to the colour of your choice. Later you can repaint when you move to some other rented space.
12. Painting the walls, which needs some investment. If your landlord is painting the place for you, get it painted as per your choice. Also you may want to get it painted. This depends on your budget and pocket power. But if you are very particular about the decor of your house and want to live in a decent place, this investment is worth doing for eleven months (the period of rent agreement in India).
13. Wallpaper. You can highlight a wall or two by putting wallpaper. Of course there is cost involved in this, but your rented place will not be same anymore. Your landlord will be also happy for you when you leave the wall paper when you move out. This also depends on your terms with your landlord, for the period you may be staying in the house and also your pocket power.
These were 13+ points to understand – How to decorate our rented house ? Few easy to do tips.
These are few options which you can use to decorate your rented space. You must be also having many such ideas. Do share them in comments.
For more such information watch our youtube channel Interior Dost.
WPC Board is the latest enterant in the field of boards for furniture industry and other uses. As this is very new type of board, many people asks, what is WPC Board ? The simple answer to the question of what is WPC Board, lies in the question itself. The full form of WPC Board is Wood Polymer Composite Board. In the family of ply board, block board, particle board, mdf board or hdf board, WPC board is the latest board. It is not that new but is the latest enterant.
Initially when WPC Board entered the market there were many issues with the board. The board performance had complaint of not being able to hold the nails firmly and even chipping off.
The WPC Board is manufactured using wood particles, polymer (Plastic) and various resins and bonding agents. All these items are mixed and bonded together to make a board. The WPC Board is available in differrent thicknesses of 6 mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 18mm, 20mm upto 25mm or even higher. 18mm thickness is the best thickness for being used in furniture industry.
With gradual improvement in the item the product has reached almost the stage of perfection. Now there are different levels and grades of WPC Boards available in the market. Instead of asking the question “What is WPC Board?” , the new question is what are the different types of WPC Boards.
Different Grades and types of WPC Boards:
The low density WPC Board.
The medium density WPC Board.
The high density WPC Board.
Just to explain density in simple language for the readers who may not be familiar with this word, let us understand what is density and how to understand the density. Density is the denseness of the core material used in the particular product. Suppose you have three different pieces of 6 inch x 6 inch x 18mm board of all the three densities explained above.
The High Density Piece = Heaviest
The Mid Density Piece = Mid Weight
The Low Density Piece = Lightest
This means that the raw material of the product is compressed to the maximum in heavy density board and least in the low density board. Furthur, to explain again
Heavy Density WPC Board (Size 6″ x 6″ x Thickness 18 mm) = will need = 300 grams of raw material.
Medium Density WPC Board (Size 6″ x 6″ x Thickness 18 mm) = will need = 200 grams of raw material
Low Density WPC Board (Size 6″ x 6″ x Thickness 18 mm) = will need = 100 grams of raw material
Now let us understand the uses of these different types of boards from high density to low density.
High Density WPC Board is the perfect WPC Board for being used in Furniture. This board is very strong and tough. The board holds the nails and screws with equal strength of marine ply of any other good quality wood. The screws and nails can be redone with slight shift of location and the performance is equally good in comparison to any reasonably good quality ply. We can use these boards for Modular Kitchen Partitions, Drawer Covers etc.
Medium Density WPC Board can be used in lighter use that standard furniture like Back cover of an almirah, small low intensity boxes, dry wall partitions, artifacts, false ceiling, wall paneling etc.
Low Density WPC Board can be used in even lighter uses like some decorative pieces like creating a laser cut design behind a glass wall or door of cupboard. False Ceiling, decorative wall paneling, light duty dry wall partition etc.
Other advantages of WPC Boards are – Water Proof, Termite Proof, Fungus Proof, Borer Proof, fire resistant (will not support fire to expand). Due to all these advantages, this board can be used in moist areas like bathrooms, kitchens and even outdoor furniture. If you want to place a shoe rack in outdoors, this board is the perfect match for this type of product.
Hope you must have found something of use in this article. Incase you have any additional input please leave your comment below.
To watch our video in hindi, visit our Youtube Channel – Interior Dost – Click Here.
Bathroom is the basic necessity of anyone all around the world. The bathroom becomes even more important when you have elderly person in your family. It is very dangerous when an elderly person, and for that matter anyone falls in bathrooms and has some serious injury. But the injury or the damage is more risky and dangerous when this happens in old age. The bathroom accident is really very dangerous and one can get hurt seriously and generally the fractures due to bathroom accident are in hips area which becomes really very very difficult to repair.
You must design or redesign your bathroom and they must be bathroom accident safe and elderly person friendly.
Here are six main tips to make the bathroom accident safe and even more importantly elderly person friendly.
1.Separate Bathing area and WC & Wash Basin Area.
It is normal in Western Countries but in some regions we have bathroom having bathing area and other areas merged together. The first thing we must do is to have separate areas for bathing activity and separate area for non bathing activity. This you can divide by having a glass partition or by any other way. Incase, you do not want to immediately invest in the glass partition and the gate, you can hand a full length bathroom curtain. By full length I mean to say that the bathroom curtain should touch the floor of the bathing area so that minimum water flows towards WC and Washbasin area.
Also keep the water wiper handy in your bathroom so that anyone using the bathroom wipes the spilled water from the floor. The spilled water on the floor is the most dangerous thing in any bathroom. Spilled water accounts for most of the bathroom accidents all over the world.
2. Install sufficient handle bars/grab bars in your bathroom.
Bathroom accidents happens inside the bathroom when the person is alone in the bathroom and when he falls on the bathroom floor. Normally it has been seen that the bathroom walls do not have any holding bars. Whenever the person using the bathroom looses his or her balance, the accident can be avoided when he/she has something to hold and regain the balance. Unfortunately, there are no bars or no sufficient handle bars in the bathroom all over the world.
Main areas you must have the handle bars:
a) One very near to the door or the entrance of the bathroom. – So that incase the floor is wet or slippery and you or the senior member of your family enter the bathroom from a dry floor on a wet floor and you loose your grip, there is something you can hold to protect yourself from falling.
b) One near the Wash Basin. – Imagine you just finished using the wash basin. While turning around you or the elderly member loose balance. One must have something to get hold of.
c) One near or around the WC. – After using the WC when trying to stand up, the elderly person due to weakness may not stand up firmly. He/She may need something to hold and maintain the balance.
d) Few in the bathing area. – The bathing areas are normally wet. After or during the bath the water is mixed with soapy water which becomes even more slippery. You mush have some handle bars around in the bathing area.
3. Install the “Wall Mounted Folding Seats” in bathing area.
The elderly person are generally weak in legs and various reflexes in case of sudden emergency. They may not be able to hold themselves and take the shower or the bath. In such cases the wall mounted folding seats becomes very handy and useful. They can just drop down the folding seat and take a decent bath. The same bathing area can be used by other members of the family by just folding the seat and use the area as he feels like. For a change can enjoy the bath seating on the folding seat as well.
4. Sufficient Light and convenient Light Switches.
However, this is very less in present days. But in older times bathrooms were not properly lit. It is very important that the bathrooms are nicely lit with sufficient lights. You will feel nice using bathrooms with proper lights and in bonus they will prevent bathroom accidents for elderly members or anyone else. So, ensure that the bathroom has sufficient and proper lights.
Secondly or firstly the electrical switch must be extremely convenient to use, preferably outside the bathroom so that the lights can be switched on before entering the bathroom.
The eye vision or eye sight of the elderly people is weak. Imagine that in emergency they enter the bathroom without their spectacles and above that the bathroom is poorly lit. This situation becomes very dangerous even when you have a dry floor and everything else is perfect. The risk increases when floor is wet and few things are left here and there on the floor.
5. Anti Skid Floor in the bathroom.
It is always good to have an anti skid floor in your bathroom. Above that you must put anti skid mat on the bathroom floor if you have elderly member using the bathroom. This is a very useful investment specially when you have some one old in your family.
The senior member of your family who is old and weak in legs, or has some knee ailment may find it difficult to get from the WC. It is strongly recommended to have a WC seat height enhancement seat attachment. You can place this seat on your existing WC without disturbing the bathroom. The tool can be used by the elderly person only and other members of the family can use the WC as usual.
These are few basic changes you can make to your existing bathroom and avoid or prevent the bathroom accident specially when you have elderly senior members in the family. Surely you must be having few tips and ideas on this. Kindly be generous to leave your ideas and tips in the comments below which can be useful to other members as well.
How to buy Chairs, specially office chairs, this is the topic of this blog. Chairs are the most important office raw material, HR investment which will instantly enhance your per person output in the office. There are long term effect of chair on your efficiency and health. Also the question is, why ergonomics is important in the workplace?
Chair in any office is the most important product which highly impacts following 5 major issues in any office establishment:
The effect of chair on your efficiency and health is long term. A good quality chair increases your efficiency and protects your from many health problems which you may not notice immediately. Many health problems are the gifts of defective chair. So please keep note about the effect of chair on your efficiency and health and why ergonomics is important in the workplace?
Let us say that while buying office chairs or working chairs there are some causal thinking. Let us call the casual thinking as myths. The myths related to Office Chairs and their buying process are given below – All Myths are busted immediately for you and explain you about the fact and effect of chair on your efficiency and health.
Myth No. 1
What is there in a Chair? It is just for seating and any Chair will do.
As per studies conducted by various organizations, companies lose a lot of money due to improper ergonomics of the chair. The user of the chair faces following problems which affects the overall performance of the user: This is again the effect of chair on
All the above and many more issues effects the efficiency of the chair user. An uncomfortable employee will move frequently from the chair to give relief to his body, thus leading to less concentration, focus and lost working hours. Hope you agree about the effect of chair on your efficiency and health.
The chair should be cautiously selected as per the nature of work of the user. A Chair good for a call center executive may not be good for an accounts clerk. So any chair will not do. Be extra careful in selecting your chair. You will be spending major time of your life on the chair – invest in it. There is effect of chair on your efficiency and health.
When I need a chair, I will just go to the market and pick from the available chairs in the market.
It is observed that when people are in need of the Chairs, they think that it is as simple as just going to the market and just pick the chair available in the market place. Customers go the market in the last minutes of their requirement and end up buying chairs which are readily available.
Following points must be remembered & considered when you need chairs.
Myth no 3
I can work on any Chair. It is not a big issue.
Let us make a small study about how much time we spend on our Chair. Let us assume that you are a person who have a mixed working style. You have following activities in your work life (Let us forget your personal life).
Now say you use your chair for 5 hours a day. Here is a calculation based on Indian context.
5 Hours x 6 days x 12 months = 360 hours a year. (We are not considering your holidays as you may work long hours some time).
Total hours in a year excluding sleeping of 8 hours per day = 5840 hours.
This means you spend almost 6% of your life and 56% of your work life on your Chair. So never underestimate the importance of your Chair. Always use a chair that is comfortable and good for your body posture and health of your spine. “The Chair is more important than your mobile phone.”
Again never use a defective chair under any condition. In any case you have a chair having some defect like non moving wheels, slightly off balance of the seat or any other defect or damage. This defect can cause life long problem in your body. Just discard or get the chair repaired immediately.
These are the few of the many, but they are the most important ones. You may be having few more. Your comments will be of great help to the readers. Do leave your comments.